Tuesday 7 June 2011

HAZARDNESS OF IPHONE 4



                                        

 Not according to the press. I’m amazed how the press sees the iPhone 4 as the Holy Grail of smartphones. The iPhone wasn’t even a smartphone until the latest version when it finally was able to multitask. I’m not an iPhone hater at all, I used an iPhone 3Gs for over a year as my everyday handset and it was a great device but the iPhone 4 has a lot of flaws that the press doesn’t seem to be aware of or want to admit.
I read a review today by a reporter on the Epic 4G, which is headed to Sprint the end of the month, and the reporter repeatedly mentioned how it was lacking compared to the iPhone 4 and how Android was an unpolished OS compared to the iOS from Apple.

I guess my question is what makes the iPhone 4 the end all of smartphones? The reason I finally got rid of my iPhone 3Gs was due to dropped calls. I’ve used other smartphones on AT&T and never had as many dropped calls as I did with the iPhone 3Gs. On June 24th Steve Jobs admitted that the iPhone 4 drops more calls then the iPhone 3Gs so I’m confused on why the iPhone 4 is the best smartphone available.

When I got  my Droid Incredible I could dictate an email or text right out of the box but my iPhone 4 couldn’t. I can go to a website and see the whole website but I couldn’t on my iPhone 4. I don’t drop calls on my Droid Incredible but I did when I had an iPhone 4. I don’t have a problem with the proximity sensor on my Droid Incredible or my EVO 4G but I did with my iPhone 4. I can press the search key on my Droid Incredible and ask it to navigate somewhere and it does but I couldn’t do that with my iPhone 4. I can get information that’s important to me on my Droid Incredible without having to open an application which I couldn’t do on my iPhone 4. My Qualcomm Snapdragon processor actually runs at 1GHz unlike the iPhone 4 which is clocked down to something less then 1GHz.

The list goes on but I think you get my point. There are some very nice features on the iPhone 4 but for me it didn’t meet my needs as well as the Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, Samsung Galaxy S or Droid X.

I just wish the press would let people make up their own minds and let them decide what smartphone works best for them because when you get down to it the only smartphone that matters is the one that works best for you.
                                      
The iPhone from Apple Inc. is considered to be a platform in the smartphone industry, many have been overusing the words “iPhone Killer” since they were also anticipating for a new smartphone that will overcome the greatness of Steve Jobs’ device.

But do you think the time has come that the iPhone has already met its match? It is said that this iPhone Killer is now in the form of HTC EVO 4G from Sprint. This is a $199 phone with a 2-year contract with the said mobile-phone carrier. It was released a couple of weeks before the fourth generation iPhone was launched. So why it is that many claim that the Evo is far better than iPhone?

We're so excited, in fact, that we worry the new iPhone will take a lot of our attention away from another Apple gadget we just acquired -- the iPad tablet.

Is the iPhone 4 an iPad killer? Maybe not a killer, per se, but definitely a distraction.

Since it launched in April, the iPad has received the majority of Apple's public attention and marketing efforts -- and the majority of our gadget attention at home.

But now, there's going to be a new toy in our lives. Apple will have to crank up its iPhone advertising again -- probably focusing on the new FaceTime video chat feature -- and we will want to get to know our new iPhone during the time we were, until now, spending with our iPad.

The iPhone's new super-high resolution "retina display" is one feature that we think could be particularly seductive. As Steve Jobs said when introducing it, "once you use a retina display, you can't go back."

Does this mean our iPad display will look like crap after spending a few hours with the iPhone 4?

Does this mean we'll find reading e-books and web pages and playing games so much more enjoyable on the new iPhone 4 than the iPad that we start to favor it?

Will the new iPhone's speed and increased battery life encourage us to be lazy and leave the iPad at home more often, instead of bringing it to the office? Probably.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't a real problem for Apple. The iPad is going to primarily be an at-home device and a laptop replacement, while the iPhone is still going to be an on-the-go device. The company will still sell plenty of both of them. As far as Apple's business goes, the iPhone is still vastly more important than the iPad for driving revenue and profits.

But it seems inevitable that our iPad is going to get less attention starting next Thursday night when we bring our new iPhone home. So that's something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management